Even though we are a forward thinking twenty-first century church, we believe what the earliest followers of Christ believed and what the Bible teaches.
- We affirm humbly but confidently that the Bible alone, and the Bible in its entirety, is the Word of God written and is therefore inerrant in its original form.
- We believe that God is a Trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, each an uncreated person, one in essence, equal in power and glory.
- We believe that the incarnate Son of God is Jesus Christ who is fully God and fully man, and these two natures (divine and human) are uniquely unified in one person. Jesus Christ is Ruler over all things, the perfect Revealer of God to man, and the only Reconciler of man to God. He was born of a virgin, lived a perfectly sinless life, preached the good news of redemption, and performed many extraordinary miracles. He died on the cross to pay for our sins, was buried in a borrowed tomb, and was resurrected to life on the third day. He appeared bodily to many as the resurrected Lord, and ascended to Heaven. And He is coming back someday to redeem all who follow Him and bring judgment on the rest.
- We believe that salvation comes only to those who exercise faith alone in Christ alone in response to God’s grace alone for the glory of God alone, as established by the inerrant Bible alone.
- We also believe that churches are autonomous congregations of baptized believers in covenant with one another to fulfill the mission of Christ. We believe that local churches like ours are God’s chief instruments of fulfilling the Lord’s command to make disciples of all kinds of peoples all over the world and baptize them and teach them to follow all the things the Scriptures teach us.
If you want to know more about what we believe, follow the link to the document entitled Baptist Faith and Message 2000.